Sunday 10 February 2013

Presents

Hi everyone,

Friday morning I checked the mail on my way to visit dear De.  There was a parcel from USA, from Karen at Quilting, Losing, and Tea .  Back in December, there was a blog hop and I was her international winner.  She sent some pretty fabrics and a pincushion.



There are ready to sew squares,  and the blue/grey/white on the right is a fat quarter.  The sewing on the pincushion is just perfect.  Thank you so much, Karen.

De took me into her lovely sewing space and totally surprised me with another present.



I think I might have let out a real squeal!! I absolutely love this fabric collection.  Super cute!!
I've already made a quilt from one of Aneela's previous lines "Sherbet Pips", but this will be another quilt soon.



Since my swap pressie has been received, I can now reveal the "secret" dots I showed on my last post.


The dots are the lining fabric for the bag I made for Melody.



This is my second time making this bag.  The first time  was as a handbag for me. I have used it for more years than I care to add up and it has been washed so many times it is wearing thin.  My bag has been from Australia to USA at least 3 times.  I still use it as my everyday handbag.  Here are the two bags together.  Mine is made in my fave Shabby Chic type fabrics.



The pattern came from Handmade Volume 23 No. 2 and the author is Colleen Archbold.



When I go to the Library, I always get 5 books. This way, I don't have to remember how many there are when it is time to return them, haha.  This time, two books really moved me.



This is a true story about a woman who died in 1951 from cervical cancer.  The amazing part is that no matter your age, gender, race, or country of origin, YOUR  life has been impacted in some way by her death.  It is a story that won't soon be forgotten.


I am about halfway through this book, the last of my five this time.  I am very much a dog lover and always have been.  Knowing how this one ends, (the cover says it is a memoir),  I am pretty sure it is going to make me cry.  I am ok with that.  This book is SO  beautifully written .  I keep finding passages that I want to write down and save.

debbie

14 comments:

  1. lovely swap gift Debbie,the bag is very cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it was my pleasure to make it again. xx debbie

      Delete
  2. That bag sure looks like a winner. Always nice to get a gift of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I knew the package was coming from the USA since Dec, but I didn't know the contents, and they are gorgeous! The pressie from De was a total surprise. Isn't she a sweetie? debbie

      Delete
  3. Nice win Debbie. I love the little bag design. Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. So far, I have made the bag twice and I did not follow the pattern either time other than the main shape to cut out. It is a lovely pattern in that it can be made with whatever details you like. xx debbie

      Delete
  4. Great swap gifts Debbie. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noela. I think everyone did well! xx debbie

      Delete
  5. Fun to visit your blog. It is lovely. Really love your lay out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Nanette. I have been enjoying your blog for years, but mine is still just a baby! I love your fabric choices :) I really want to make a row by row quilt too. I've been quilting since the 70's and that is one style I have not tried yet. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore my bag, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure dear Melody and I am sad to hear you are not well. I was so looking forward to meeting you.xx debbie

      Delete
  8. I love what you've done with my bag design:)
    I'm glad I came across the photos on your blog!
    Inspiring....
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen, Thank you for stopping by. What a lovely surprise! If you check out Melodys' blog, http://thehouseonthesideofthehill.blogspot.com.au/, (post on the 9th of Feb)
    you will see some very nice comments people have made about your bag. Are you still in Adelaide? A group of bloggy friends are having a meet there in a few weeks. debbie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but Anonymous comments are no longer accepted.
I love to hear about what you are making too.