There has been lots of stitching here with plenty more on the list!
On Saturday, I finished the mug rug that all the ladies going to "Let's Get Stitched" have been asked to bring along. The back is fairly plain so we can sign them for a lovely memento of the trip.
Also for this trip, we were assigned a partner to make a name badge for. This is the smallest Dresden plate I have ever made. I will show a few more that I made at the same time further down this post.
I had a goal to have two Blankets of Love ready to take on the trip too. I've already shown the green one and I managed to make the one on the left last week. It has a cute baby print with bottles, ducks, rattles, etc.
Our stitching group has started a row by row quilt. We made our own first row with the theme of flowers. Each month we will have a new theme and each month we make a row for someone new. We won't see our own rows until the end of the year, as we are sworn to secrecy from now on!
I enjoyed doing all this hand applique with silk thread. It's been a very long time since I have done it that way instead of blanket stitch. The little Dresdens and Hexies finish around 3" and the row is only 5 1/2" wide. I've made several full size Dresden quilts, but I won't be making any more of those mini Dresdens any time soon. The little Hexies are the 1/2" size and this was my first time making them that small. I will definitely be making more of these little flowers because they are so cute!
I eyed this thread with suspicion while remembering not so long ago one of the blog ladies posted a tragic picture of a beautiful stitchery she had done, only to have the dye run all over her project. This is from a variegated collection of 12 DMCs that I've had for years. I want to do a small stitchery and sew it onto something I wash a few times a year, so....
I pinned it to some fabric scraps and put this and a colour catcher into a lingerie bag. Then I put that into a regular wash in the machine. I wanted it to be exposed to laundry soap and several rinses just as it will be after I stitch with it.
Here is the final result. I was so happy it didn't turn in to one giant knot LOL. The colour catcher was a shade somewhere between pink and lavender. The thread label says "colourfast dyes". Hmmm.... The DMC number is 4210 and the last picture shows the truest colours.
That's all for now xx debbie