Friday 14 December 2012

A few goodies to share

Last Sunday, we travelled again to The Wishing Well Cafe for a Blogger meet up.  It was a lovely day all around.  The  weather was gorgeous, the food delicious, the ladies chatty and pleasant.  There were a few new faces this time and a few faces from before that were missed.  Show and Tell was great. There is a lot of talent in this group.  It was just a nice day all around.  I met Peg and Dale too:)

This week I finished a couple of small gifts for a nice lady I visit once a month for a service.  They are simple fabric boxes with a small amount of quilting.  She does not sew at all and she was SUPER impressed by what I made, much more than anyone who sews would be...but anyway, it was sweet to watch her open them.  Here is what I made for her:



On the way home, I stopped at my favourite Vinnies.  I think this was my best day ever there. Here is what I brought home with me:



A large handmade doily,  $1



2 smaller doilies, 50c each,



A heart shaped cushion with Battenburg Lace,



Two white gauze and one yellow flannel baby blankets in pristine condition that will be used for other purposes, 50c each,   and a cake pan and colander,  all like new.  Grand total was $11.

Once I was home from these errands, I watered some flowers.  My mother always had Portulaca aka Moss Rose when I was little, and I have them every year now too. They love full sun and minimal water.




    This weekend I am hoping to stay in and do a bit more sewing.  debbie

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to catch up with you too Deb. Have a Happy Christmas and hope to see you at the next blog meet. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to seeing you at the next meet up too. debbie

      Delete
  2. Great finds...love your little baskets...I was good but I think Dale may have been a little naughty....LOL glad you had a good time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peg, Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like the baskets too. They are actually a fun little project that goes pretty fast. I think we need to keep a close eye on both of those chicks LOL. Marie did a fantastic post of them exploring her home, so cute! debbie

      Delete

Comments are welcome but Anonymous comments are no longer accepted.
I love to hear about what you are making too.