Wednesday 26 June 2013

Girl4 and Patchwork Therapy

I am glad yesterday is over.  What a sad day for me. I hope girl3 wasn't missing me nearly as much as I was missing her last night.   I know she had some habits that needed to be sorted though and it is for the best so she can do a good job when she graduates soon.  Still missing her though.

Girl4 moved in today.  Her trainer said she is full of energy but she will calm down once she settles in.  After he left, all I could think was that I felt like I had a bumblebee buzzing around.   She was checking everything out at warp speed and of course there were fresh doggy scents everywhere.
She finally stopped moving after I fed her tonight :) 
                                  She is the smallest girl  so far.  She also loves that bone.


             When I said "aww, you love your bone" , she picked it up right away.  LOL.



I really needed some patchwork therapy, so I finished sewing what whirligig pieces were made so far.
Lesson learned....always make a test block when you see a tutorial online.  I now have 18 blocks to trim down and a waste of fabric that could have been avoided if I had made a test block first.


They are off by 1/2 inch.        :(            I am happy with the colours though.

I also worked on the two Blankets of  Love that I will be sending to Cheryll.



The top print is sailboats for a boy and the bottom print is princesses and cupcakes for a girl. The colour isn't so great since these are night pictures with flash.

Thank you for the really sweet messages yesterday.  Virtual hugs are good. xx debbie

10 comments:

  1. Girl 4 looks lovely and I'm glad you are recovering....
    Lovely sewing... it is a good therapy for all sorts of pain...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must really need the therapy as I have been sewing most of today too lol! xx debbie

      Delete
  2. Glad you feel a little better today. G4 would certainly help in that department... she's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Cheryll...she is a sweet girl too and I will post more pictures soon. xx debbie

      Delete
  3. Your new girl looks like she has settled in. Hope you have a lovely sewing day. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Noela and it was so nice to see you again. Your stitching is lovely! xx debbie

      Delete
  4. Aww, how lovely she is, and very attached to her bone. It is so annoying when you have to waste more fabric than usual. Gorgeous blocks though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will probably meet her too :) but wasn't girl3 so sweet? I miss her! I did get all those blocks trimmed today, yay me! can get on with the good part now. xx debbie

      Delete
  5. Hi Chick!
    Sorry I've not been around to your blog... I changed readers and your blog wasn't on that list somehow. I'm going to try and add you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a darling dog for sure, so cute with her bone.
    I think I've managed to add your blog to my Feedly !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but Anonymous comments are no longer accepted.
I love to hear about what you are making too.