I am joining in with Wendy tonight for FNSI. Just pop over to her blog if you would like to sign up too. Thank you, Wendy.
I don't have a definite plan yet but I have plenty to choose from. As I posted earlier, my focus this week has been rotary cutting and sorting my scrap drawer.
I have been cutting 4" and 5" squares, 2 1/2" strips, and strings only. I decided this will simplify things because these are the sizes I use most. I don't care for the rotary cutter much, but I have found this task pleasant after all. I have sew many new ideas now that I can see what I have!
So, what shall I do for FNSI? Here are my choices:
1. I have 5" base blocks and strings cut and ready to start a string quilt, could be for Blankets of Love.
2. I have enough 4" blocks ready to start another baby quilt for Blankets of Love.
3. I have a quilt panel, batting and backing here that I will be machine quilting for a friend.
4. My Secret Santa project: the embroidery is nearly finished, then will sew it into a thread catcher and add some goodies to fill it up.
5. My Aiming for Accuracy quilts...I've neglected these as I have lost interest.
6. My scrap bag of 2 1/2 inch strips/ Jelly Roll leftovers contains many lengths, but I have had an idea that I could try a quilt along the lines of "Jelly Roll Race Quilt" just the same, even with shorter lengths. You can find this idea on YouTube if you don't know what I am on about LOL.
7. I still need to cut and sort more scraps, but I have made good progress with this project.
I will probably work a little on several of these projects. What goals do you have for tonight? Do you struggle with scrap quilt colours too? I find I have to force myself not to worry too much about what matches or not.