I was hoping for a finish today but didn't quite get there. I've been sewing a LOT but my OPAM total so far this month is ZERO :)
I've finished sewing most of the honey bun strips, more than I will need for this project.
This is the back of the bag. It is backed with iron on interfacing for body and I did the quilting today.
I also prepped the handles today, so they are all ready to attach.
I wanted the stitchery on the front to have strips around it. I still need to add above and below and to the sides to make the bag front the right size. Would you do stripes as on the back, or cut them into patchwork squares? They are 1 1/2 inch strips and I have them in strips of four at the moment.
Dear Mel (pinnylea) was my partner in the Fat Quarter swap this month. We have become closer by regular emails and so I thought this brown print she sent me would be nice to have for the bag lining. The colour isn't showing as nice here as it really is. It actually goes quite well with some of the other prints. Anyway, it was barely half an inch too small for the two pieces I needed, so I added one of the 1 1/2inch strips to the top. Once it is pressed, I will trim the little bit off the bottom to make it the right size. Seeing this print will be a lovely reminder of our friendship. I did have some left from the width, which I am using to make inner pockets.
I recently got the papers I needed to make this cute little turtle that everyone else made ages ago. My dear friend De gave me the base too, so now I have everything I need. I will soon be ready to do the hard part...the head and feet! xx debbie