Wednesday 10 April 2013

OPAM and other updates



I am late posting my OPAM pictures for March.  I worked on several things, but only completely finished 3.  Here they are:

 
 




This is a project bag I made for De's Birthday.  I love this pattern, such a nice size for a stitchery project! I found the teddy fabric when De and I went to Tassie in 2012, so it is special to me.  I added two pockets inside, because a girl can't have too many pockets...



Back in January, I was the winner on Melody's blog for her giveaway called Tuesday Treasures.
Melody sent a pattern, fabric, linen, wool,  and a doily.  The pattern is called Miss Melly's Sewing Pocket.
I made the sweet little needlecase.  Here is the front.




Left to right, scissor pocket, wool for needles, and large pocket perfect for apple cores or hexies.



This isn't on the pattern, but I added two pockets under the wool, perfect size for dmc.
Thank you Melody, this pattern was a pleasure to make.  Love the gorgeous fabrics you sent.
I see my big pocket is a little wonky...oh well.  It looks better in person LOL.

A few years back, I found this tutorial for how to make a fabric box here
I've made a few in the past, but I was wondering what size it would turn out to be if I used a whole  fat quarter instead of cutting it down to the measurements given. 
 
 
I also wanted a place to store my charm packs, jelly rolls, and other pre cuts that was more space effective than wicker baskets. The fabric is pale pink cabbage roses and matching dots for binding.
 
 
I machine quilted this fat quarter as though it were a mini quilt, sewed the sides and boxed it in the usual way, and adding binding to the top. I didn't do a separate lining because the quilting shows through in top visible parts and no one is going to see the bottom innards anyway because it is full! I used one f/q, layered with batting, and muslin for the backing which in this case is also the lining.

On my last post, I asked advice about my Bareroots stitchery , should it be a pillow (as on the pattern), or a wall hanging.  Thanks for all the replies, and it will be a  wallhanging.



I needed to stitch the  windows, door, bees, and all those French Knots. Stitching is done now.  MKR= stitching time :)   Someday I will have a nicer camera that shows the colours better!



I have chosen the lacey fabric for the borders and the stripe for the binding.   Won't be long now!
How is your stitching going?  xx debbie

7 comments:

  1. I love the needle case and the changes are so clever :) Your wall-hanging is going to look so lovely, sweet fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Since the wall hanging is nearly done, I started a new project this am. Hopeless, that's me! I need to work on finishing things too LOL. xx debbie

      Delete
  2. All 3 and 1/2 projects are gorgeous! LovE the needlecase... it's so very sweet! I'll put that in my memory bank as it's so different. Love De's bag too and OOohhh that fabric! Great stash box and the wall hanging stitchery will be beautiful! Great effort all round Debbie !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryll, you are so sweet to cheer me on. xx Debbie

      Delete
  3. Needle case is lovely, bags are so useful and looking forward to seeing the wall hanging - soon!! wink wink!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, so I got the binding and border fabrics out yesterday...then this am I sat at the machine with some gorgeous bits from a jelly roll I found when I made the fabric box...I do this every single time...get so close to a finish and start something else LOL. xx debbie

      Delete
  4. such beautiful work Debbie,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome but Anonymous comments are no longer accepted.
I love to hear about what you are making too.